SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Children mistake? Pregnancy, etc

I don't believe any child is a "mistake" nor should any child be viewed in that way. It may be true that parents may not be expecting or even planning for a child when they learn they are about to have one but that doesn't make that child a mistake. I've heard parents say "that pregnancy was a mistake, I didn't mean to get pregnant." In my opinion, the pregnancy may have been unplanned but it was no mistake. Yes I do speak to this topic with a slanted opinion because of my background as a Christian. Of course with that thought I feel that God plans the birth of each human. But putting that aside I still believe that when a person makes the decision to have sexual relations then they must either protect themselves from pregnancy or accept with joy the pregnancy when it occurs.

I'll give an example. I have a friend who's daughter was only 17 and her and her boyfriend was sexually active, without her parents knowledge of course. Well she got pregnant and came to her mother. She had first told her boyfriend and he told her he didn't want the baby and he wouldn't have anything more to do with her if she had it. Well she thankfully dumped the boyfriend and with the support of her family and friends she had a beautiful baby.

After its birth she thought she should do the right thing and let the father know that the child was born. So she called him and his reply was "Cool, well thanks for letting me know." He wasn't even interested in seeing it. She asked him if he wished to see the child and he said. "No not particularly, I'm a little curious if he looks like me but not curious enough to want to see him." She then asked him if he wanted to pay child support for the next 18 years or if he wanted to legally sign away any rights to this child. His reply was "I'll sign away all my rights, I'm not ready to be a father". Well if he wasn't ready to be a father then why on earth was he so willing to risk pregnancy with her by having unprotected sex. I'm sure she wasn't ready to be a mother either but she now was a mother and had to stand up and take responsibility for her own actions. I must say that this girl is a very very good mother and to my knowledge, now several years later the father has never asked to see his child or wanted to be in its life at all.

This child was not ever considered a mistake. He has grown up being loved as much as any child could be. His life changed their world and for the better. And who knows he could grow up to change the world for millions or perhaps for every creature on this planet. We never know what the future holds for each precious child that is born. So how could any child be considered a mistake.