SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

If you could change one thing about your personality what would that be?

My natural sense to hide how I really feel and mask it with humor or to evade the topic by taking the issue and expanding it to envelope everyone so as to not make it personally relate to me. In some ways it helps me to ponder my own emotions about a topic when I do put it in a wider perspective and focus on it as a problem many deal with rather than to make it directly linked to me. I can look at it from a broader view point and it isn't so hard to face that way. Sort of like how we can help others easier than we can help our self. When I have something bothering me it is easier for me to sit and write about it in general terms from a perspective of everyone then it is for me to write specifically about how I feel about that issue. In many ways I'm putting my own feelings into the writing but it isn't as taxing on me since I put it in a general term that could apply to anyone reading it.

This little trick on my mind serves its purpose though. I really end up delving into my own inner emotions eventually. I just wish that I could be more comfortable in just opening up and speak directly about me and how I feel and why I feel that way rather than having to turn it into an essay. I have been really working on this and have tried to use this blog as a place where I open up more. I've done good with that at times and at other times I notice I ramble on and on without actually saying much .