SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Rudeness

I don't understand the rudeness of some people. I find it odd that some people can just come up to a person they've never met and speak to them in a rude manner or be so abrupt in their expressions that they come across so rude. I have to believe that they don't realize how they sound or how their actions come across.

For example I pulled up into a parking lot of a bank so I could go inside to use the ATM machine. As I was walking into the building I passed a mini van parked along the curb and noticed a woman doing something in the back. I just kept walking and got into the building and fell into the line that had formed for the ATM. There were two other people in front of me. Another man followed me into the building and got behind me in line. Then the woman that was in the van came in and immediately walked to the front of the line and announced "I'm next, I was parked out front before any of you came in here and I have a baby in the car" She didn't ask if she could go next, she announced that she WAS going next. Hello Lady.... The line begins to form at the ATM, not the parking lot and better yet she was in a hurry because she had wrecklessly and illegally left her baby in the van while she came into the ATM. I couldn't believe the gall this woman had to do such a thing

She was so wreckless to leave her small child in a vehicle alone with the motor running. Geeez Did she honestly think that she could protect her child from such a distance through a glass enclosure. I guess she felt it was safe because she could keep her eye on the vehicle but what was she going to do, watch the tragedy take place because she couldn't have done much else if someone had wanted to steal her car with her child in it. I don't like to be judgmental of peoples actions because we don't always know what is going through their minds at the time. But in situations such as this you can't help but be judgmental.

There are also some people that are rude all the time by being abrupt or just plain feeling free to pass along rude remarks to their friends at the drop of a hat. In this type of situation I'm not a person to stand by for very long and allow someone to blatantly be rude to me or take advantage of me. I usually try for a while to ignore their actions to avoid conflict. I may try to silently alter the situation in some way but I have a temper and eventually I'll tell the person exactly how I feel about the situation if it continues.