SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Monday, September 19, 2005

What about society annoys you the most?

I could write about this all day because as each of us must confess there is a lot about society that annoys us at one time or another. I think my biggest annoyance right now is the lack of respect from one human to another. People just treat you like you come a dime a dozen. You see this even when you shop in a store. Anymore you go up to a register to pay for a purchase in a store and you are lucky to get the clerk to crack a smile. They may grunt a rough "thank you" but most of the time you don't get that. We had this one restaurant I used to go to that when you go through drive-thru most of the time when they come onto the speaker you don't hear "Welcome to... may I take your order please" you'll hear instead "What's your order". When I was a teenager I worked at fast food restaurants to make extra money and we would have been fired if we had treated customers the way they are treated today. Customer service has gone down the tubes in my view, well at least it seems to have here where I live.

Another thing that really just jerks my chain is how everything has become so commercialized. Everything is connected to making more money for themselves. It is hard to find anything that truly puts the people first. A sad reality of progress I suppose but sometimes it makes me wish I had been born years ago when life was simpler. I've always loved to read about and research the Victorian age and have said I'd have loved to have lived in those days. Then I'm reminded that there are more treatments available today for illnesses so if I'd been born back then I may not have enjoyed a long life .