SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Beauty Remains

I've been thinking a lot recently about the word "beauty". I am feeling rather terrible right now with a cold and just not feeling well enough to fix myself up like I normally do each day. This doesn't lend much in the way of a positive view of how I look considering I realized not long ago that I'm getting pretty old LOL. There are times that it would be very easy for me to feel just downright ugly. I'm sure everyone has moments like that. I know that like anyone I can fix myself up and still be attractive but I'm a far cry from the way I want to look. How do I keep this from getting me down?

Well, I looked outside and saw the trees with their leaves going through so many changes. They were once a rich green, filled with vitality and then they began their downward spiral of color changes which eventually leads them to become a brown clump of material that will break apart if touched. However, through all the stages that a tree goes through it remains beautiful.

When the trees are filled with the leaves of green, their sway on a blustery day brings a breeze to cool us and we are in awe of the massive structure and the covering that hides its rugged trunk. It is so calming to view mountains which are covered with vivid green trees.

Once the color changes begin to show we find ourselves staring to capture the magnificent view of the scent before us. So many colors can be found among a group of trees. These color changes form a site people drive miles to see.

As the leaves turn browner and the stems let go of the branches we see them drop to the ground but what is left behind is still beautiful. A bare branch among trees that are so massive and so spectacular. The twists and turns of the branches form character. During this part of the season we see the tree in all its glory, uncovered and proudly standing.... As it stands it is awaiting the moisture of the morning dew to sip into its bark. Then winter comes and the snow begins to fall and along the branches we'll see the snow glisten adding even more beauty to the trees.

Then spring arrives and little buds of life begins to grow on the branches once again reminding us of rebirth and how stages of our life may connect and bring us full circle. The tree goes through many changes it its life and that makes me realize that all things must pass but that doesn't change the fact that in all things there remains beauty. You just have to choose to see it.