SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

What do you think about people who are inconsiderate of others?

This seems to be a real problem in the area where I live. Perhaps it has gotten worse everywhere but when we travel and return here I see a noticeable difference. This is a very fast paced area so perhaps everyone is just too busy with their own lives to take a moment to be considerate of others. Sort of like, they'd have to slow down so they just keep moving without giving thought to common courtesy and the consideration for those around them.

I have met in my lifetime some people that are very inconsiderate of others. They will beat down others who ask for a helping hand but yet, when the table is turned and they need the help they don't hesitate to put their hand out. The shoe is viewed differently when it is on your foot. I've witnessed people tear someone down for sharing something or doing something and then they themselves will turn around and do the same thing.

I try to think of life in the terms of "What if I needed help". We have to quit judging people so harshly. I know that there are circumstances to the contrary but we better wake up to the human spirit and nourish it, not only in ourselves but in others as well. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Yes I have got burned several times due to this attitude but I've also got to experience some real blessings in life.

So I believe that we should be ever considerate to the needs of other people but we also should respect common human decency and be courteous. If we develop some principles for our actions and we stand firm on them and use those when coming in contact with other people I believe we'll form a very compassionate personality. We should never hesitate to help others and be compassionate because you never know when you may be the one in need.