SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Peace at 3am????

Waking up in the wee morning hours is very therapeutic for me sometimes. Quietly walking through the house in my night clothes and comfy warm slippers. The sound of others sleeping and the quiet tones of a home full of love but with nothing verbal to confirm that forces me to think of the people that mean the most to me. Rather than rely on verbal confirmation of our love for one another I must then dwell on the warm memories that I have held so dear.

I grab a cup of something warm to drink. Sometimes I cheat and have regular coffee but I pay dearly so I've learned to forego the caffeine and enjoy the taste of decaffeinated coffee or some warm caffeine free herbal tea. Ok, I have my cup now and in the warm months I'll perhaps go sit on my deck and look at the stars and focus on the beautiful sky as the sun begins to rise. The sky is very beautiful in the morning with all the changes of color as night slowly becomes day.

There are also times I use the morning hours as my own special time to read, write or just sit and reflect on the things I must accomplish. Sometimes I come to my computer and sit with silence around me and click away at my keyboard sharing a moment in time with great friends and many people who have become like family. Of course for one reason or another I don't get to enjoy this adventure each morning because many mornings my bed holds onto me for a little longer. But I have learned to treasure the beauty of those nights when sleep doesn't come or when it leaves me in the early hours forcing me to open my eyes and breath the crisp air and to view the wonder of morning.