SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sharing more...

I've noticed since beginning this blog that it has been difficult for me to write about me personally. I seem to have trouble expressing how I feel personally so I therefore write about issues important to me or talk about things in a way that applies to people in general rather than just me. I'm not sure why I reach these points of solitude.

One of my biggest problems is my inability to function amidst chaos. When I have a lot of different things going on with different events bearing down on my life, it is at this time when I feel overwhelmed. I keep more to myself and don't share in this blog as I typically do in my written journal. I'm in a very public situation with my job so keeping to myself is much harder for me.

So I'm attempting to climb up from this place I've found myself and find in my soul the will to get through this chaos and reach for the light which will lead me to a better place, both emotionally and physically. This inner light that I believe we all have can be our own tour guide to take us to the better places in our life. To me, the better places are found when I seek my inner self and truly get to know who I am and how I'm feeling. Facing myself as a person and giving myself the opportunity to express openly what I'm feeling has helped me in the past immensely to get through the most difficult periods of my life.

The ole saying that we can't depend on anyone if we can't depend on ourselves is very true. We as a person must take responsibility for our lives and somehow find within ourselves the strength and the will to get through whatever life throws our way. This, of course is not an easy task and it takes some of us longer than others and I believe we have to give ourselves permission to take leave from it at times. We can't expect to always cope well. We will all have moments where life is too much and our burdens are too heavy. In those moments of despair, it is then that we will get to know ourselves the most. We learn a lot from ourselves simply by being forced to rely on who we are and what we think to guide us from a dark place.