SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Just me rambling

We are as ready as we can be this year for Christmas. I still have a few things to do. I'm not doing a lot this year for a number of reasons, one being I'm just not up to the hoopla this year . My granddaughter will be old enough this year to really have a blast and to get excited over the whole Christmas experience so I'm sure we'll get a lot of joy.

We have a lot to be thankful for this year. Things aren't all hunky doorie or anything but it could be much worse. I'm blessed in my private life and I have a lot of wonderful friends so life can't get much better than that. Everything else that isn't perfect in my life will get all worked out in due time. I'm certain of that because things just have a way of coming together if you have patience and faith. Sometimes things don't work out the way we'd planned or the way we've even imagined but in the end when all is said and done, usually it all works out for the best.

Sometimes we don't recognize what is best when it is happening to us because we just can't fathom how it will better our lives by going through troubled times. It is really hard to look forward when the present is in such shambles or when we are presently going through such a terrible ordeal. We tend to focus on the here and now during those difficult days. I guess this is a natural thing to do. I try so hard though to remain calm, have faith and give things time to sort themselves out.

I had a friend ask me once when we were talking about this and I stated comments to her similarly to what I've written here. She asked me if I thought that things worked out in the end or did I just accept the end result and thus it seems to have worked out. Gosh, this was a toughie because I really don't know the answer. Looking back in hindsight (as you know that is always 20/20) I think she may have a point. As a situation evolves our perceptions change so therefore at the end of the situation we are seeing things through different eyes and just may be ready to accept the outcome whatever it is.