SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Friday, December 02, 2005

A sad anniversary

Today is the 20th anniversary of the death of someone who meant everything to me. This person was my father. He taught me so much about life and made me feel so loved . Upon the passing of my father I felt as if my life would never be the same. It certainly hasn't. Just the absence of him from my life has changed who I am. On one hand it seems as if it has been forever since our eyes have met, since we've spoken, since we've hugged one another. On the other hand it seems like only yesterday when we last spoke, last hugged. On this day, I he knows somehow that I still remember him, I still miss him and I'll always love him. He made a difference in my life even though he was a part of it for a much shorter time than I would have preferred.