SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Is the Iraq war worth all this?

How To Be A Kid Again: "I just had a conversation with one of my good friends. He is in Iraq for twelve months. He told me bomb exploded seconds after he ran over it in a vehicle. He said he was fine. In that trained mechanical voice he has learned to adopt. But he isnt fine. It was easy to see my happy, sometimes silly friend was burdened. Heres why: One of the men under him got married before he deployed. Last week he got divorce papers from his new bride. Last week he also blew his brains out. My friend was the first to find him. As he described what he saw, the tears wouldn't stop coming down my face. As unemotionally as possible, he reminded me that this is life in the Army. This is the kind of thing he should be prepared for. Only he wasn't prepared. Who could be?"

My rant: Has it been proven to you that there was reason enough to go into war in Iraq and subject our soldiers to this sort of heart ache and demise? I'm sure this is just one of many similar stories that show people equally in pain. It makes my blood boil to think that our President took our men and women in uniform into this mess as he falsely made his case to the people. I wonder how he feels when he reads or hears these sort of stories or are these the sort of stories he just skims right past. My own heart aches over reading this.