SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Let's Talk: Natalee Holloway

Note: I'm going to begin a few posts a week with the heading "Let's talk" in the hopes to get readers opinions on the chosen topic. I love debate so bring it on LOL.

Natalee Holloway. I'm sure I don't need to explain much in the way of an introduction on the topic since the media has been covering this in great detail. Natalee on a high school chaparoned trip to Aruba never showed up for the return flight. There have been times I've been exhausted from hearing this on the news every day and even thought of all the other stories of missing teens that aren't getting the same coverage. Then I once again become captivated with the story and want to know every new detail. I'm very much a news junkie so this falls right into my alley so to speak.

From what we've seen presented so far it appears that Joran Vandersloot and the Kalpoe brothers are the ones with the most means to cause harm to her. Recently it was reported that a Fisherman claims his Fishing hut was broken into and a fish trap along with a knife was missing and it was there earlier in the day that Natalee went missing and wasn't there the next day. This of course leading police to suspect that Natalee could have been disposed of in that trap and dropped into the deep of the water.

I just get the feeling that there is something here that is getting missed and that this missing piece of the puzzle may solve everything. In the early days I did feel that Paulie Vandersloot (Joran's father) was somehow implicated because of his actions. Then I guess it could be said that he was just protecting his son but in my opinion his actions went a little beyond that. I love my sons to pieces but if they were being investigated for something I wouldn't condone what they may have done by helping them to get away with it if they were guilty. I would open my home for inspection and do what I could to get to the bottom of it.

Your heart can't help but go out to Natalee's family and I can't fathom having a child missing and not knowing where she is or even if she is alive. Some have criticized Beth Holloway Twitty (Natalee's mother) for how she has pushed this case in the media. I can't do that because I know if it was my daughter I'd do anything I could, talk to anybody that would listen and use any tools available to keep my child's story in the public's eye in the hopes to find them. I think anyone else would too.

I'd love to read opinions on this topic from those who visit this blog. What do you think happened to Natalee? What do you think about the media coverage? What would you like to say on this topic?