SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Traveling Today

I have been in the beautiful state of Tennessee for the last 9 days and am traveling back to Michigan today. I am posting via my blackberry. Got on the road around 9am and expect to arrive in Michigan around 8 or so tonight. We are in the mountains of West Virginia as I write this. It is so beautiful here. The views are spectacular. If you like to go white water rafting the area near Charleston WV is about as good as it gets in this country. We just passed the capital building for the state and the dome on the top resembles the rotunda on the Nations capital but it is gold toned. For a state capital it is quite breathtaking. I love the blue ridge mountains and have many fond childhood memories. I will post comments under this heading today as I continue my trip.