SOUTHERN GAL ...

Speaking her mind with attitude and spunk

A southern gal chose to share a part of herself with you. Even though she tells it like it is, many blog posts are used for her to get in touch with her own innerself. She hopes during her journey that her posts will help others. Her views on politics are just that "her" views and she is open to read the comments and views of others regarding the topics discussed here as long as they are dignified and appropriate. Any comments deemed inappropriate will be immediately deleted.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What do you think you have control over? What do you think you don't have control over?

I have control over only my own actions and reactions. I can't control my health, with the exception of eating healthy, etc. A person cannot control whether they get a chronic illness or an illness that becomes life threatening. I can't control the actions of others. I can take control of many aspects of my life but by the same token there are things that happen that I have no control over. I guess my point to this is that we have to accept the things we cannot control and not make ourselves sick with worry over trying to control those things. Of course, we should take the reins and control the aspects of our lives where we can but we shouldn't allow our need to control things to become so huge that we can't accept that some things happen by chance and enjoy the surprise that life can bring to us. If we were able to control everything about our lives I think we'd end up bored to tears. I can choose to live every day to the fullest, never knowing what tomorrow may bring or I can sit each day worrying about tomorrow and forget to live today.